Start: Ore Hill Tent Site
Destination: Hikers Welcome Hostel
Trail Miles: 8.0
Total Trail Miles: 425.9
State: NH
Today was a short day because I planned to watch Jason Bourne. It wasn't a terribly difficult hike, with only one steep climb, but it still kicked me arse.
I was happy to be arriving at the Hikers Welcome hostel around noon. I showered, set my tent up and got acquainted with the complex. It was built to support hikers. The shower, laundry and bathroom were outside under a huge tent. There were curtains for privacy but that's about it. There was a huge fire ring with a circular bench around it made of large slate slabs and other local rocks. It was quite pretty. There were hikers cutting wood, watching movies, lounging and otherwise just hanging out. It's run by Uncle Walt.
There was a brand new bunk house built with spacious bunks and new mattresses. We still went with setting up our tents, but the space was very nice.
David from Hanover came to hang out with us. We went to One Love Brewery (probably should be called One Beer brewery because that's all they brew, but it was a good beer, and they had good food in a beautiful location) to eat before the movie. Then walked over to watch Bourne. As. Jason Bourne fan, I was a little disappointed in the movie. I think there was something missing that they usually capture with Matt Damon. But hey, I'm not complaining. I loved the action as always and I got to watch a movie while hiking the AT. That was special!
We are watching the weather closely for tomorrow. We're supposed to hike Mt Moosilauke, above treeline, but the weather isn't looking great.
I really want to hike it tomorrow but won't do anything reckless.
One Step at a Time
One Day at a Time
Shire
No comments:
Post a Comment