Days left in CO: 24
Days until my niece's graduation: 31
Days until I'm in VA: 33
Days until I'm on the AT!: 35
Every day for the past month or so, I get up early for work, go through the motions of putting on my uniform (Navy) and beginning my work day. I perform my functions to the best of my monkey brained abilities, striving to just make it through an hour without researching some piece of gear, reading someone's journal, studying the AWOL guide, looking at dehydrated recipes or searching for good local beer near the trail. This is my plight. I have a TON of work to do. I mean...mind warping amount of things to complete before my departure. But I'm paralyzed. Frozen with disbelief this is actually happening.
![]() |
| Dream Canyon 2016 |
I can't pretend I'm not panicking a bit. I still need to prepare most of my resupply boxes, I still don't have a few key items such as a pot cozy (oh, but I certainly purchased THREE pots...), just the right sports bras, or a flight back from Maine. I guess I just need to trust in the universe here and believe I'll get it all done before 14 May.
I will be flying to Florida on 14 May. I'll have ten days to visit St Petersburg framily members, visit my Sebring family, drive to West Palm Beach to visit with my family (miss you bro!), watch my niece graduate, drive to VA with my amazingly supportive mother, visit with my Libby, and get on the trail. Whew, I'm tired just typing all that. I DO have a couple fun things planned though! I'm staying with the bestie, so there will be lots of fun and libations!
In St Pete, my favorite Matey and I will be spending a weekday museum and brewery hopping. Most likely in that order, otherwise the museums fall off the radar fairly quickly. So while the world pecks away at their Macs and Dells...watching the hour glass go around and around, my Matey and I will be basking in the throes of history, art and brews!
“And O there are days in this life, worth life and worth death.”
~ Charles Dickens

No comments:
Post a Comment