I just ordered some vegetarian dehydrated meals to try out from Outdoor Herbivore. The meals are pretty pricey, so I most likely will supplement with them rather than use them as my sole source. I definitely love their concept...whole food ingredients, organic, and local. They also make it easy by bundling. I can order with a click of the mouse a five day bundle and ship it anywhere on the trail I want. This kind of convenience might be worth the extra money! I will definitely give an update after I've tested out the meals.
I'm also toying with the idea of changing my start date. I think leaving closer to the end of May might make more sense for me. And maybe, just maybe, I'll avoid the worst of the black flies in the north! Is it odd that I'm considering that as one of my factors of when to leave?
The other things on my "to-do" list are:
- Begin my resupply packaging
- Locate and map breweries accessible from the trail. Add slack time in schedule for this most important activity
- Complete schedule spreadsheet and upload to Google Sheets for sharing
Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk. ~Raymond Inmon
Thanks Kansas! xoxo
ReplyDelete